Effective July 25, 2020
Privacy is important to us. If you have any questions or comments relating to our privacy practices, please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a company passionate about providing an innovative software platform that provides users with a number of collaboration, communication and management tools for building effective business systems.
Most of the personal information we collect and process is in connection with the Platform we provide to our users pursuant to our contractual arrangements with them. In these contexts, we are acting as a “data processor” only (please see details under Zone User Personal Information).
In other contexts,such as when you visit the graceblocks.com website or provide us with your contact or billing information, we are acting as the “data controller” because we are making the decisions about what personal information is collected and how we use that information to fulfill our business purposes.
Our privacy practices, and the rights you have with respect to your personal information, are dependent on whether we are acting as data processor or data controller with respect to that information.
Access to Zones within our Platform is only available to Registered Users under a contractual arrangement between us and the Zone Owner, pursuant to which the Zone Owner, and not us, acts as the “data controller” who makes decisions about what personal information is collected and how it is processed within our Platform, and is responsible for establishing and enforcing any agreements and policies with Zone Users governing their maintenance of the confidentiality,privacy and security of such information. Personal information collected in this context could include, for example, business information and communications that Zone Users elect to store, transmit or otherwise process within the Platform, as well as information required to set up a Zone User as a Zone Builder.
If you have questions or concerns about a Zone Owner’s decisions regarding the collection and processing of your personal information within our Platform, you may contact us or the Zone Owner. If you contact us, we will coordinate the response with the Zone Owner as appropriate.
We collect information about you, including information that directly or indirectly identifies you, through your use of the Platform. We do so:
- When you (or other Registered Users) provide the information within the Platform, through filling out forms or otherwise providing information; and
- When you correspond with us regarding a Platform subscription or to receive customer support.
- Registration Information: In order to enable your creation and use of a personalized GraceBlocks account, to track the relationships among Zones, Zone Owners and Zone users for purposes of Platform administration and security, and to allow us to provide you with messages, notifications and alerts relating to the Platform and with customer support, we collect your name, email address,username, password and similar identifiers.
- Payment Information: In order to facilitate payment processing and record keeping, we collect details of transactions you carry out through or in relation to our Platform (such as payment of Platform subscription fees) and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- User Content: In order to provide the services,features and functionalities that comprise the Platform, we collect data,messages, relationships, text, numbers, formulas, documents, images and other information stored, transmitted or otherwise processed by users within the Platform (“User Content”), which may include personal information.
We use such personal information for the purposes identified above, and more generally to: provide you with information, products or services that you request or that we are otherwise contractually obligated to provide; assist you in implementing our Platform, including setting up accounts and perform consulting services; provide you with support and training;complete transactions (including sending invoices and collecting payments);comply with our legal and security obligations with respect to operating the Platform; improve our products, services, and operations; personalize and continually improve user experience on the Platform; market our products and services; perform statistical, demographic and marketing analyses of users; and facilitate our other legitimate business purposes, including managing our security obligations with respect to the Platform and complying with applicable laws and regulations.
We take reasonable measures designed to protect personal information from unauthorized access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, and damage.
You have choices and rights with respect to how we collect and use your personal data.
- With respect to our compliance with California law, we do not sell personal information, and we disclose personal information only to the categories of third parties described above under “Sharing of Personal Information.”
- California law provides consumers with certain data rights with respect to the personal information businesses collect,including: (1) the right to know (a) the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, (b) the categories of personal information we have collected about you, (c) the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected, (d) the categories of personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose about you, (e) the categories of third parties to whom personal information was disclosed for a business purpose, and (f) the business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information; and (2) the right to request that we delete personal information about you that we have collected (unless an exception applies or deletion is otherwise restricted or prohibited by law, rule, or regulation).
- You may submit a verifiable request to exercise your California data rights emailing us at email@example.com. We may ask you for additional information in order to verify your identify before responding to such requests, but we will use such additional information only for purposes of such verification.
- Under California law, you have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by a business for the exercise of your consumer privacy rights conferred by California law.
Note for European Economic Area Residents: Insofar as we may from time to time process personal information of individuals in the European Union, Iceland,Liechtenstein, Norway, or the United Kingdom, which processing may be subject to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), please note the following:
- We will only process your personal information to the extent applicable law allows us to do so.
- The United States has not sought nor received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Union under Article 45 of the GDPR. We rely on derogations for specific situations as set forth in Article 49 oft he GDPR. In particular, we collect and transfer personal information to the U.S. only: with your consent; to perform a contract with you; or to fulfill a compelling legitimate interest in a manner that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms.
- If you have any complaints regarding our privacy practices or how we handle any requests you make in accordance with the“Rights and Requests” section above (which requests you may have a legal right to make and we may have a legal obligation to honor, as dictated by applicable law), you may also lodge a complaint with your national data protection authority (contact information available here).